Four Generations Deeply Rooted in Central Mexico
Since the beginning, Dos Buhos has had sustainability at the heart of everything we do to ensure we live as lightly on the land as possible while producing great grapes and wine. We believe that these efforts not only can help make the world a better place, but can make wine that is better for you and better tasting.
These efforts include:
- Growing organic grapes
- Managing fields with natural fertilizers
- Managing fields without the use of herbicides or pesticides
- Producing wines organically with the absolute minimum sulfite use
- Using natural yeast fermentation
- Using sustainable hay bail construction techniques for our production room and offices
- Working with the local Audubon society to help rescue and rehabilitate owls locally
- Owl boxes providing natural solution for rodent management
Because of these initiatives as well as others, we have achieved our Organic Certification from Oregon Tilth.
ART & ARCHITECTURE
The best works of art, whether literary, artistic or musical, give us something more than a mere pleasure; They tell us about the nature of the world, Aldous Huxley.
The art and architecture of the winery is a reflection of our appreciation for art and design. Dos Buhos winery offers a goodness of art and diverse architecture as part of the experience of the wine. In the chapel, the wine tasting and in the gardens there are copies of works by local artists including Alejandro Rivera Leal, Peter Levanthal, Margaret Dawitt, Atanacio Maldonado, and Kelly Vandiver. There is also a very interesting art installation discover that has a great history behind us league and a unique way to the first trains in Mexico, something that becomes very symbolic for us today.
Bodega Dos Buhos is comitted to being an active part of the local community thru outreach and thur support of local charities. Some of the charities that Dos Buhos works with include:
- Jovenes Adelante – Mentoring and Scholarships for local youth
- Feed The Hungry – Provides meals for economically disadvantaged communities
- San Miguel Audubon Society – A non-profit environmental organization dedicated to conservation
- Opera Guanajuato – Provides scholarships, education and performance oportunities to aspiring opera singers